- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC and grease muffin tins with a spray oil to give a light coating.
- Place dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk lightly with a balloon whisk to aerate and ensure well combined. Add grated veggies, ham and cheese. Using your fingers, lightly toss and mix through to separate and evenly distribute ingredients.
- In a different bowl, whisk together milk, egg and oil. Add wet ingredients to dry. Stir lightly until just combined – do not overwork or muffins will toughen.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tins. Cook for 15 mins for mini muffins and 25 mins for the larger ones.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 mins before removing to a cooling rack. Eat immediately or keep them in the fridge for a few days, giving them a quick zap in the microwave to freshen them. Alternatively, freeze in freezer bags and enjoy whenever.
TIP: Try other combinations such as fresh herbs or chives; grated pumpkin; sweet potato; sweet corn; or semi dried tomato and fetta.